Updating my Goodreads gives me pleasure; although not so much organizing it. I haven’t done this in a hot minute, but I wanted to go through everything on my Goodreads shelf and see what I could remove, add or reorganize. I often put books on there I’m interested in reading, forget about them and when I go back realize I’m no longer interested in them. As of right now I have 46 books on my want to read shelf and 47 on my to read unpublished shelf. I’ll be going through both of those first.
For those curious this is my profile.
I’ve been thinking of starting the Goodreads Monday again. The last time I participated it was last May (May 2020).
Updating My to-read shelf
- Fangirl, the manga. – I just wasn’t interested in reading this adaption.
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab – honestly, love Schwab, but I keep going to read this book and just…not. So it’s time to go I think.
- The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova – with this going out of print, I know I’m not going to buying or reading this anytime soon, so off it goes
- Radiance by Grace Draven – no longer interested.
- Famine by Laura Thalassa – I’m never going to finish this series, so away it goes
- Wings of Fury by Emily R King – supposedly this has everything I like. But…just not feeling it anymore.
- The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton – just don’t think I’m going to enjoy this one
- Infinity Reaper by Adam Silvera – I didn’t love the first book enough to continue on with the series
Updating My To Read Unpublished shelf
- None because I want to read everything
I was going so well until I got to the unpublished section…and yet here we are. I got rid of eight books off my list, which I will consider a success. Do I wish I had gotten rid of more? Yes, I do. I had around 50 want to read books on there and I’m down to 40 something now. I have 49 to read unpublished ones as well. Soon, there will be more in my normal TBR shelf because as books are published they go from the exclusive unpublished shelf to the regular one.
So…was it a success?
Eh. Yes and no. I’ll try again later at some point.
2 thoughts on “Updating My Goodreads // an organization attempt”
Oh man, I saw that you had 46 books on your TBR shelf and I thought, “Only 46?” And then I realized I obviously have a problem lol.
Looks like you were able to get rid of at least a few books! Good call on the Fangirl adaptation. I didn’t feel it was really well suited for a graphic novel. It was pretty slow and not much happened. I feel the same about Infinity Reaper, too.
Yeah! I know there are a lot more books I want to read — but I don’t always remember to add them before I read them! I’m very much a mood reader and a browser, so my TBR shelves are a little odd lol!